The Department has a team of efficient and well qualified teaching faculty highly experienced in teaching and in conducting high end research.
Mr. N. P. Muralidharan, M.Sc.(Medical Microbiology)
Graduated in the year 1991 from the University of Madras, Chennai, and completed the Post graduation in Dr. ALMPGIBMS the Premier medical research institute in south India. Joined as lecturer in the department of microbiology at Saveetha Dental College in the year 1995 and have put in a continuous service of 21 years. Won best teacher award twice and also awarded Dr. C.K.Dhanasekaran award for the contribution in Dental education. Have guided over 15 post graduate thesis work and also guided more than 70 short term projects for under graduates. Serving as consultant microbiologist in one corporate hospital and an ISO certified clinical laboratory. Serving as a member in the panel of examiner in 7 universities in south India. Serving as member for Tamil Nadu public service commission (TNPSC) Experienced in industrial consultation and successfully completed 3 projects.
Dr. R.V Geetha ., M.Sc [medical microbiology]., Ph.D
She completed her MSc (Medical Microbiology) from Dr ALM post Graduate institute of basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras and Ph.D at Saveetha University. She joined the institution in the year 1998 and Presently Working as Associate professor in the Department of Microbiology.She has got more than 20 years experience in teaching undergraduate and Post graduate students. She has nearly 100 Publications in indexed journals to her credit with H index of 7. She has won the Prestigious “Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam award for Teaching Excellence” given by Marina labs, and award for Teaching Excellance- Senior category by Bio Zone,Research Technologies Pvt.Ltd. She also holds additional post of Associate Dean of student affairs in the institute.
Dr. A. S. Smiline Girija, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,MD[A.M].,FIAAM.,
A vibrant scientist with a flair for teaching as well as a high passion for research with 16 years of experience under the specialization of Medical Microbiology bearing the following credentials.
· Fellow of the Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists [FIAAM] - 2018
· Recipient of “Young Scientist Award” conferred by IAAM, New Delhi
· Patent grant for the novel discovery of a drug from marine source, IPR, New Delhi, India.
· Research Grant: ICMR major funded research [ICMR, New Delhi]
Credits of scientific presentations of original research work:
1. Dr.Anand Rao Memorial Award for Best Research Paper: National Conference of the IAAM, JSS University, Mysuru.
2. Best oral research paper and cash prize: 13th International conference on vector and vector borne diseases organized by Central University of Tamilnadu, Government of India.
3. Best research paper with a citation and silver shield: UGC conference on Perspectives, potentials and prejudices of Probiotics.
4. Best poster award: ACBI National Conference: Southern region of India.
1. University Rank II: M.Sc Microbiology (Faculty of Medicine) – University of Madras
2. University Rank II: B.Sc Microbiology – University of Madras.
Life member of IAMM, IABMS, IAAM.
Academic board member under University of Madras for curriculum designing, and subject expert in many deemed universities.
Research and scientific documentations: Genbank submission, publications in peer-reviewed national & international journals. Authored for a book and 2 book chapters.
Recognized supervisor and guide:
M.Sc.,M.Phil under Bharathidasan University, Trichy
Doctoral Research program [Ph.D], under Saveetha University.
Examiner under Dr.Tamilnadu MGR University, Manipal University, Sikkim University and many other deemed universities.
Completed more than 80 research projects.
Delivered 4 guest lectures.
Participated in more than 50 scientific forums. Organizing secretary for scientific forums. Member of EQAS for HIV testing – Government of Tamilnadu.
Journal reviewer for Medline indexed journals [PlosOne, The Ochsner Journal, Indian Journal of dental research etc.,].
Hands on training in 2D-gel electrophoresis, cell lines and tissue culture, Chromatographic and GC-MS analysis, advanced molecular methods and other bio-instrumentation.